What’s the course all about:
Fatal injuries in the construction industry occur on both small and large building projects. A large number of deaths involve falls from ladders, scaffolds, and roof. Other fatal injuries arise from the collapse of excavations, poor lifting operations, electric shock and transport accidents.
What will I learn?
The course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the Construction industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on a site. It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities, what the employers duties are and what should be done if someone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
Exactly What Will I Do?
At the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and methods statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and ask for advice
- Report unsafe acts to prevent and accident
Elements of construction safety covered will be:
- General responsibilities
- Emergency procedures and accident reporting
- Work at height
- Manual Handling
- Hazardous substances and PPE
- Fire Prevention and control
- Hand-held equipment, tools and electrical safety
- Site transport safety
- Noise and Vibration
- Excavations and confined spaces
Who should attend?
Anyone who works in the construction industry
No previous training required
How long will it last?
How many will be there?
Maximum of 10
Do I get anything to take away?
A certificate of attendance will be issued
What other courses can I do after this one:
There are plenty of progression courses for you to choose from:
- Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
- Specific work task courses
Where and When?
We have courses running at our premises throughout the year. We can also put on a course specifically for you and your team at your premises, so let us know what you really need.
What about Food and Drink?
We really don’t want you to worry about anything so we have made sure we think of everything especially the catering arrangements. For this course we provide drinks and some fantastic food at lunchtime.
What’s it going to cost me?
Individual costs at our training facility are £125. Prices for courses at our premises include catering, but vat should be added.
What do I do now?
Contact us 08456 344164, or; E-mail us at email@example.com